09 June, 2010

Ready..... Set..... Wait!

It's said that something like 1/3 of your life is spent waiting; in lines, at doctors offices, in traffic. I feel like my entire life is waiting, for one thing or another, right now.

It's been 10 business days since my Unemployment interview. I spoke with the interviewer again today. And while he said 10 days ago that employers lie, and he agreed with me today that what my previous employer told him didn't make sense, I still have to wait on the decision. Sure, he'll make it today, but determinations can't be given over the phone. So over two weeks of waiting on this and I'm still waiting. I'll keep calling every morning to see if there's a new check been sent to me.... but I still don't know what's happening with that.

Unemployment is going to determine a lot for our move. What we can take, what we can afford, if we have to stay in trashy seedy hotels or if we can go one step up. This is almost $3000 that they owe me at this point... payments since the last week of April. So maybe not $3000 but at the rate they're going that's what it's going to be. We've been tight but that would help immensely because it would come around the time of my loans. We need something good right now.

We're waiting to get the go ahead to get on the road. That is what is delaying our date choosing. Hopefully we'll know around this time next week, if not sooner, but with the way that everything just wants to drag out for us I'm starting to lose hope. I'm afraid someone is going to tell us "just a few more weeks."

My health is doing horribly. I slept with a heating pad on my stomach last night. It's the only way I could reduce the pain enough to actually fall asleep. Not safe, not a good way to sleep, but it was do that or stay up all night from the pain. I just want to be able to take the 25 pills a day that I used to bitch about! I'll never take the county system for granted ever again. Waiting at the county clinics is way better than having nothing to turn to.

Waiting on unemployment.

Waiting on loans.

Waiting on getting the pups shots and Gwen fixed. Which is waiting on me getting a hold of the county here to enroll in their program for low income. And I'm waiting on hold with them right now.

Waiting for things to come in the mail.

Waiting for the "okay."

I think after this I deserve a long time of NOT waiting. I've done my fair share to last me a good year or so I think. No more waiting! Here's to something happening!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment