07 June, 2010

Lost in a World Full of Losers

If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost.  ~ Zig Ziglar



How do you learn from defeat when you feel defeated. I know, from past experience, that the lesson comes in time. But how much time is too much to have to wait? At what point do you cast defeat aside, lesson or not, and just move the fuck on with life? When do you grab the coat tails and rip the jacket off just to feel the breeze that life is giving to you? 


I'm not sure. But I sure wish I knew. 


Today will consist of laundry. And cleaning. Again. Hoping for monies that are owed to me. Hoping for answers that I may not get. And wishing the sun would just rise on my side of the world for once. 


The heat and humidity of Florida are killing my spirit. The viruses inside my body are killing my soul. Dramatic? Yes. But it's how I feel. I am a shriveled up shell of the woman I used to be and DAMN IT I want to get her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment