06 June, 2010

Not Before My Morning Coffee

Back in California I had gotten into the habit of morning smoke and coffee. I'd sit outside, enjoy the morning breeze and have my java infusion. Sometimes this included roommates and sometimes it didn't. I have continued that tradition here in Florida. Now it includes my computer; I check Facebook, Blogger, Phoenix, and email. All while having my morning coffee and smoke.

Except now it includes me being drenched in sweat by the time I go inside.

Sweating is good for the body. It glistens the skin, clears up imperfections, and releases toxins in your body. I'm all for sweating. But it feels as if my morning ritual has been moved into a sauna. Except this sauna includes a million fucking bugs.

So now, I include OFF! spray and calamine lotion in my morning ritual.

I stick by the fact that this is the way I enjoy waking up. Pups get to go outside and I get my "me" time before Adrian wakes up. I cannot WAIT to do it in a robe, with some breeze, and maybe a few sprinkles. Although, if it's raining I hope we have a good overhang because rainy mornings, while beautiful, don't lend themselves to computer usage or much relaxation outside.

Right now Adrian sleeps in. We're acclamating to California time. We have no tv in the front room anymore and our place is so small that cleaning or packing would surely wake her up. So I endure the heat and the sweating so my baby can sleep.

But I can't wait for California mornings once again.

1 comment:

  1. "me time" on the porch sounds wonderful! i wish i could do that. my son wakes up too early, so my morning is usually set by his clock. i used to make coffee, now i pour glasses of milk for the kids and get everyone dressed and ready for the day. i miss "me time" i too am looking forward to getting that back someday :)

    ReplyDelete