14 June, 2010

I think I'm paranoid

Nothing much has been going on but I do miss blogging.

I got word that I will be receiving my unemployment. So YAY! And I should get my loans sometime this week. Which means we've made it. We are tight and we'll stay tight cause we finally get to make moves toward moving!

We were going to buy a utility trailer online to save money. We possibly still could but I need to bounce ideas off people. Please feel free to share any here. What we'd been looking at is the open trailer. We'd toss a tarp on everything and hit the road. What I don't think we thought through was that we'll be staying at hotels every night. The paranoid person in me fears that, with no protection, we'll wake up and everything will be gone...

So now I'm thinking we need something enclosed. Something we can put a lock on and know it's secure. Only problem is I'm not sure I can find one of those for sale. To rent one from U-Haul is almost $400. We were hoping to buy one for $200 and re-sell it once we were in California. I'm just too concerned we'll loose everything.... thoughts. Ideas?

I probably have 3-4 boxes remaining to pack to get everything we're taking. We'll sell the bed and night stand at the last minute. Hell, depending on a few things we may sell the mattress too. We'll see how that goes. We should have a definite move date by the end of the week. Perhaps even the end of today. Keep the positivity flowing for us.

We hit our one year anniversary in a few days. I can't believe it's been a year already. It's been a long ride but we're about to start our uphill climb, finally. And we both deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment