01 June, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I have exactly 13 weeks left of my Master's program. This is, of course, provided I don't take any breaks between classes. By September I'll have my degree in hand.

What to do now? With a Master's I can teach at a Junior College level. I can work part time with University of Phoenix if I wanted to. I can do it all online too and never leave the comfort of my own home. I could work at a JC in Sacramento. I love some of the JC campuses there.... that could be interesting.

But I don't have the foggiest idea about teaching.

I don't think I'm healthy enough to get into law school just yet. They recommend you take at least your first year off of work, hell they almost demand it, because it's like a full time job - law school is. I'm not sure what I want to do legally anymore either. I've been burnt by the criminal system seeing what people in my life have gone through. I'm not sure how lawyers, on EITHER side, sleep at night? There's always family law or corporate law. Still, its a tough course load on my body.

I've contemplated going back to get my clinical license in Psychology. I could practice locally or open my own damn practice if I wanted... I enjoy helping people and counsel some friends and family now as it is. Why not get paid for it? Of course I wouldn't start charging anyone I'm already helping :) LOL.

I think I'm going to just focus on moving. Once we're home I can figure out what makes the most sense. Hopefully by then I'll know about disability and can make an informed decision. I can also see what the job market looks like out there should I need to go back to work.

Oh I will still be in classes though. There's no way I can pay back my loans right now! So if I don't take an academic course load I'll take cooking or photography. I love them both...

So many decisions and my brain just doesn't want to work on it right now. So I'll go back to current stressors; packing, invitations, renting chairs, etc. And finding a "walking down the isle" song... that's harder than it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment