20 June, 2010

I Think I Can... I Think I Can

So this hospital visit has been eye opening. I thought I could handle not having medical coverage for a while. I'm a strong woman and I have a high pain tolerance. I thought just sticking through it would be okay. I mean, I got love out of it, that makes it worth it right? To some extent it does but to the extent that I truly put my health on the line doesn't. I need to start looking out for me.

Things I Must Start Doing
- Working Out. Even if it's just walking around the block. And when we move we'll have a gym so that will make it a bit easier.
-- Drinking more water. The hospital gave me a pretty nice cup that has a straw and everything that I will be using for water. I'm up to about three of these a day and I think they are 32 oz cups? I think that's a pretty damn good start.
-- Eating better. This is going to be a tad bit difficult while we're here because we literally have NO counter space. But I have to make it work somehow. But when we move it will be a piece of cake. I love to cook and it actually makes me happy. I turn on some music in the kitchen and dance around while I'm cooking. I don't even feel the pain. So I'm going to focus on that.
-- Relieve my stress. Financially and otherwise. Once my Master's Degree is complete I'm going to apply for a teaching job for University of Phoenix online. I'm hoping they'll accept me and I can work from home. That will also give me time to potentially help with a few of my friends children during the day for extra income. We can pay our bills without being paycheck to paycheck and have some to put into savings. Having a bigger house will help too. Even though it may be more space to clean the pups can roam around and it will actually be easier to clean because of the hardwood floors as opposed to the outside tile we have now. I can relax in my back yard and enjoy the sunshine of California very soon. Exercising will help and I'm getting back into The Secret, yoga, pilates, or some combination of the three.
-- Get my meds back. This is a huge start here at this hospital. Then I'll jump on CMISP the minute we get back. That may take a few weeks but hopefully with the test results I'm going to try to get from here they'll be able to push it through a bit quicker. Just gotta get home first!

So now we're just waiting on the go ahead. Adrian looked into shipping some of our boxes instead of getting a trailer. That will save us the trailer and registration costs. Not to mention some fueling coming cross country because we won't have to pull the trailer. We've already looked into a bed for when we move and for what I want, mattress and bed frame, we're looking at less than $800 for the whole thing. And it'll be comfy! We're cutting costs with the wedding so that is going to help. But we're still going to have a BLAST.

I am finally looking forward to coming home with everything I have. Facing what still needs to be done with better health is truly helping the situation. All I need is to get myself back on track and everything will follow suit.

I think I can, I think I can............... I know I can!

2 comments:

  1. cute blog. Don't mess around. You can't be without medical! Dude! I got a gig as a tutor for kids with Autism and finally got medical. Make it a priority with the job hunts. When you get back to Sac the company I work for is Advance Kids and the pay is o.k. and the benifts are good and they are always hiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love. That would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete