08 May, 2010

Saturday... What a day.... spend more time with you!

I woke up this morning with a drunk headache and I haven't been drunk in months. I don't know if it's the gall stone or the mass in my colon, or maybe it's just the Crohn's infection flaring up, but alcohol truly does nothing for me anymore. I've tried. One night while watching our friend Sista Otis at a near by bar I had three Long Island Ice Tea's. Now a year ago I would have been past the point of tipsy and happy as hell with that on my menu. This time, I could have driven home. And not in a drunk "I'ssss fiiineeee I thwear officer. I'ss not brunk at the liiiitlest bit" kinda drive but I was truly not even tipsy. Sure I still drink once in a while because I truly am one of those people that likes the taste of alcohol. But I more drink like you would if you had a craving for a Jamocha Shake from Arby's.... just cause it tastes good. I didn't drive that night as I've learned my lesson well. I'm still paying for it. But I could have nonetheless.

So here it is a beautiful Saturday morning. And I just wanna go back to sleep. Our friend The Lilo is coming to visit us from Orlando tonight so going back to sleep is not in order. I am having my morning coffee and will follow it with some Mother's Day cookies (a gift from my furry children) then off to the laundromat to do laundry and fold my unmentionables out where everyone can see them. I can't wait to have my own washer and dryer back.

Upon return we shall clean the entire house in hopes that our friend will feel comfortable and happy staying with us. He's really in town to see his mom tomorrow for Mother's Day so I'm not sure if he's staying with us or not. I'm just happy to get to see him. He's hilarious and I've never met him except online. Apparently Adrian kissed him in high school but doesn't remember, poor guy. She probably broke his heart and can't even remember who he is. But it should be a good evening nonetheless. We are going to see Iron Man 2. Oh the movies with a bunch of geeks! (I'm secretly excited to see the movie. Although I never followed comics I saw the first one and liked it)

Tomorrow I get to see my mama for Mother's Day. That seems second nature to most but I haven't seen her in over a year and since we currently live on opposite sides of the country it's a total blessing. Thank you Interstate Batteries for having a work conference 40 minutes from my home on a day when I would truly miss my mama terribly. We are going out to dinner and I just get mama time. I haven't been this excited in months!!

Here's to laundry and a clean house. Oh goddess give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment