10 May, 2010

Good to the Last Drop

Yesterday was amazing!

I'm sure it's because I haven't seen my mother in over a year. Or perhaps because it was Adrian's first meeting of my parents. Or maybe it was the fact that everyone liked each other so much. Or it could be just a day in the sun having fun, not focusing on the pain.

We got to mom's about 1:30pm. Their hotel was gorgeous and it was just apparent she was having a blast. She loves her company and she was learning a lot. And she was kinda glowing. She's offered to talk to the independent shop in Sacramento to attempt to get Adrian or I a job. Which is amazing. They have these conferences every two years where certain invaluable people get to go. Where's the next one? BERMUDA. Yea so I'm hoping to have a "most expenses paid trip" to Bermuda in 2012. Cool beans!

My mom brought her wedding dress for me to try on. Of course I can't post pictures here because Adrian can see this ;) But it's much cuter than I remembered. I had some mashed memory of my mom's dress with parts of my aunts maid of honor dress clashed together. I think it's perfect and my friend has offered to do some alterations to it to make it mine. And my mom was thrilled to pass on her dress to me of course. It was very sweet. And now I have a wedding dress sitting in my house..... this is really happening!

We went to lunch at Pizzeria Uno and it was JUMMY!! We have leftovers and they are already calling my name from the fridge. After that we went to Downtown Disney and walked around. We went to the T-Rex store where my mama made a Build-A-Dino for Adrian and I thought she was going to cry. It was the sweetest thing. Her Dino's name is Gem and he has a cool T-Rex shirt. It was cute as hell. Then we all got ginormous coffee cups. I can't even imagine how much coffee this thing holds but I've been outside playing on my computer and blogging and haven't had to go back in for a refill. It's amazing.


Then mom and Mike took us out to the Pirates Dinner Adventure. We had a blast. The show was amazing and surprisingly the food was really good too. At the end mom and I got selected to "assist" in the show which, in the end, meant that we were hunkered down by the "boat" and got splashed to hell. It was amazingly fun and I haven't laughed that much in over a year.

My mama is and has always been my best friend. Being able to spend Mother's Day with her while we live 3000 miles apart was a total blessing. Adrian loved them and the feeling was mutual. Mom and Adrian figured out a way to possibly get us home earlier than expected and I'm excited to see if everything will pan out. It's beautiful. I'm so happy. I had an amazing day and we're just that  much closer to California. It's going to be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment