29 May, 2010

The Final Chapter

I feel like we're entering our final chapter here in Florida. Things aren't completely finalized yet but we're looking at houses and picking dates and everything feels more "real" than when we've talked about moving before. I know I keep writing about how excited I am to move but really - I AM! My health is going downhill faster than a kid on a sled after the first snow and I want my family, friends, and shitty health care back. I don't know how much longer I can be on no medication without needing extensive surgery when I get back. I'm pushing along with my little steam engine in my head chanting "I think I can..."

The house is kinda in shambles. Of course it's going to be that way. I've started moving things for selling and packing. I need to get my hands on some boxes, which, in California, would have been a piece of cake. People posted ads on Craigslist all the time for them. I posted a wanted ad on Tampa: Freecycle and only got one reply to which she ended up falling through. I'll be posting again on Craigslist today and re-posting all our furniture to sell. The money from the furniture will help us float until loans come in. Getting the furniture out will give me more room to pack and stack boxes. The pups are gonna loose their minds but they'll get used to it. AND they get spoiled to hell while we're driving: happy meals, hotel rooms, filtered water.... they'll be fine once it all begins. But moving always seems to really upset the furry ones. And I'm not a big fan either so I understand their anxiety.

But this move is one I can't wait to make. So it should be much easier anxiety wise.

Today I am going to focus on getting some homework done. I'm faltering in my class because I just don't wanna. I'm like a high schooler the last semester of senior year. I have approximately 13 weeks to go until I'm done with my Masters and I just don't want to work anymore and it's showing. I also have a VERY strict teacher in this class so that makes it a bit more difficult. I will probably take a week or two off between my next class and my last one then I'm schedule to be done sometime in September. I need to decide soon what I'm going to do about school when that's over. I may teach part time with UOP. I didn't realize with my Masters I could teach. I think, unless I get my disability, that's going to be the easiest thing. UOP teachers make like $35 a year. It's not fantastic but it'll get us through. And I never have to leave home to do it.

Who knows? I have so many options right now and it's hard to think of any of them because I just want to get home.

I tell myself I'm just gonna write a quick blog/update. I don't know how to blog little. But then my bff told me yesterday "You don't do anything small do you?" (in reference to getting to Cali the beginning of July and getting married at the end of it). So I guess she's right, I don't do ANYTHING small.... not even blogging.

Here's to my final chapter. I'm thinking about getting a frog tattoo to commemorate my time here in Florida. We'll see if everything works out that way today. I'll post pictures if I get it.

1 comment:

  1. moving is never easy, no matter how small the distance. but across country is a whole different ball game! I seem to only move from coastline to coastline :) can't be happy anywhere in the middle. (i think i'm like that in life too.) I hope you find peace in knowing that good changes are coming, just a bit more yucky stuff to weed through :)

    ReplyDelete