15 May, 2010

Don't Hold Your Breath

Well yesterday's "exercising" didn't go as planned. I didn't walk Koby early enough after his debacle of running away so there was no evening walk. And although we got great food at the store yesterday (I'm especially proud of Adrian because this is not how she eats at all) I don't think it's the smartest idea for me to continue exercising, although walking the pups will commence tomorrow cause they love it and I have to move.

Most exercises say "consult a physician before beginning any exercise routine" but how many of us truly do? Exercising is good for us and therefore we do it. Well I had an incident yesterday that may or may not have been caused by pushing my body further than it's used to (which really isn't that far) and since I have no physician to consult I will be curtailing my physical activities in hopes that it will stop.

**TMI ALERT. TMI ALERT. DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW**

Last night I had a big scare and some pretty severe rectal bleeding. Of course that is pretty common with my Crohn's and therefore I generally overlook it but this was not normal. It looked as if Aunt Flow had come to visit but landed in the wrong hemisphere. I called my mom and she said it could be a number of things, including the new vitamins I'm taking, and to just think positive and we'll keep an eye on it. Of course she knows I don't have medical and I wonder if she figured they wouldn't do anything so I shouldn't even bother. I don't know at what point rectal bleeding becomes and emergency room trip. But I guess we'll just keep an eye on things and see how they progress. I don't have any extra pain or discomfort I'm not used to so I suppose it could just be a random sighting.



So the vitamins I'm on I got from my mom. I'm not the best at remembering to take pills even though at one time I had 25+ a day to take. But I'm trying. She gave me a four month supply and it's been just a few days. I don't feel a significant difference but I'm hoping I will.

So today consists of taking it easy, some homework, and straightening up the house. No more TMI news for me please. I'd like to keep it low key.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, first... TAKE IT EASY ON YOUR BODY! Anything is better than nothing, even just 5 minutes. Please promise to SLOWLY work up your activity. Starting slowly with the pups is a great start for you and your furries.
    Second, on the TMI issue... I seem to remember reading somewhere that the issue isn't usually cause for extreme concern unless the blood is very dark. Bright read blood is ok.
    What kind of vitamins are you taking? I haven't heard of vitamins having that side effect... but I also don't have near the digestive issues you do. Keep me posted Love!

    ReplyDelete