05 July, 2010

California Bound..... Soon

Just as the weather becomes a bit more tolerable here in Florida we're planning to head out. Worst case scenario we should know by Friday what's going on and so far we've only heard that it looks promising. Here's to heading home!

Yesterday was great. Adi helped with the cooking/grilling and it was amazing! I had time to finish side dishes and clean the kitchen while I did it. Everything went so smooth. Plus it makes her feel accomplished which is good for anyone. I think we're going to grill more. While we're here anyway. Once we move she's agreed to let me teach her how to cook. Then she can make me a yummy candlelight dinner one night! I'm excited to teach her.

The house is pretty much in shambles but overall it's not that bad really. Boxes are everywhere but I'm going to start packing the trunk tonight. For such a small car we really have a lot of room. I'll start with stuff we really don't need. It'll make it that much easier to bounce once we know we can. The anticipation is killing me but I'm trying not to focus on it too much. We can't keep living like we're leaving tomorrow, even tough we very well may be.

We've bought some groceries recently. I think the final purchase we'll make is a small cooler. I don't really want EVERYTHING we bought to go to waste. We can have munchies for the car and some stuff to maybe save some money in the evenings. The less we eat out the better.

Jodi is going to call me today and get the money for the deposit/holding on our new home. Our official move date is the 24th right now. There's a small chance we may be ready before then and if the house is ready, and we have the funds, we'll move in early. I'm so excited to have our own place. We don't have much to furnish it with right away but we'll get there. Just to be able to keep it clean better is exciting me. To have a dishwasher again is an amazing feeling. Oh and a washer/dryer. Thank you for modern technology and finally having it in my home again. That and hardwood versus outside tile inside is going to make Sara a very happy person.

I'm finishing up my personal statement today. I have some great suggestions from friends that have really put me in the right frame of mind. I'm pretty sure that's the last thing I need to do to start my applications to law schools. If I remember correctly I get like 12 free from LSAC, which is nice because apps can cost $50 or more each. If I have to end up paying out of pocket for them it's going to have to wait. Moving is more important at this point. I'm hoping my graduate work will put me over the top. Law school still pulls me, even if I don't want to do criminal law anymore. I think entertainment law is flashy and fascinating. I can write million dollar contracts, take my 30%, and be set for a long while :) Do a few of those a year, get my name and reputation built up, and we'll be buying a home before you know it.

Who knows what will happen really. Most people say they enter law school with one plan in mind and find something completely different that interests them. I'm open to the idea but will see where life takes me. Adi's looking into nutrition and car stuff. Nutrition interests me but the car stuff is all her. I just want her to be happy doing whatever it is she decides to do. Happiness will make our home amazing, especially once we're settled in and decorated!

We have a few things to tie up today. But mostly we'll just be hanging out. Packing the trunk has to wait til a bit later when the "spy" isn't outside. I can't wait to tell our landlord off. And get on the road. That will make my week. Send me all the positives you can muster. I'm excited to be a Californian again!

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand how you will earn a master's in CA or are you transferring to a college there?

    In my comment I wanted to share my prediction for the 21st Century being the "Century of the Woman". Since at least the 5th Century the world has been ruled by a patristic leadership which nearly destroyed it in the last century. The only way I can see the world surviving is if a gynarchy assumes leadership and reforms the present system.

    Poverty, misogyny, greed, violence and intolerance in all it's ugly manifestations must go and only enlightened women can accomplish it.

    ReplyDelete